Please communicate needs and prayer requests related to the coronavirus to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 27th - Instructions for online worship:
Friday, March 20th Announcement:
Ridgeline leadership has prayerfully accepted the fact that ministry over the next two months will look different and will be filled with challenges and unexpected blessings.
Until further notice:
- 1.) All ministries and buildings and activities at Ridgeline will be canceled and closed through the end of March. No small groups, rentals, meetings, limited office hours, and no building access except by appointment or with approval.
- 2.) Congregational worship will resume on May 17th at the earliest, as dictated by CDC and state officials who instructed that groups of 50 or more not meet for 8 weeks.
- 3.) All worship services will be posted online, on YouTube, our website, and on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ridgelinecc).
- 4.) We have suspended our budget meetings and postponed the vote. We have also suspended and cut spending from our operating budget.
- 5.) We are prayerfully planning to make progress on our renovation projects as public health and circumstances allow.
- 6.) We have organized a care system to make sure that we are contacting, praying for, praying with, and helping to meet the needs of those in our church and community more intentionally and more frequently during the next 10 weeks.
Wednesday, March 18th Announcement:
Ridgeline leadership will be meeting tonight to pray and formalize plans for our congregation and for our community response to the coronavirus and our responsibility to minimize its spread. Please check back here or our social media outlets for the latest information. Gibson
Friday, March 13th Announcement:
No Corporate Gathering this Weekend
The elders at Ridgeline have been closely monitoring the local and national situation regarding public health and the coronavirus. We have agreed to cancel this Sunday’s corporate worship gathering, both the morning services and the evening night of worship.
This was not an easy decision. Ultimately we acknowledged that we would not be loving our surrounding community well if we contribute to the spread of this virus. We also understand our biblical responsibility to submit to the requests of our state and local government. We acknowledge that God has granted this authority to the government, and when authorities make a request in the interest of public health we have a biblical obligation to comply. (Romans 13:1-2 - “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.”)
Please understand that there are people in our church and community that are particularly vulnerable and we should personally take necessary precautions to keep them safe.
Plans going forward
- At this time all of Sunday morning and evening activities are canceled.
- Pastor Gibson will live-stream a 10 minute devotional message on the Ridgeline Facebook page on Sunday morning at 10:15am. That video will also be posted to our website later.
- Monday women’s bible studies and small groups are also taking the week off.
Future plans and updates will be made to our church through our website, email, and our social media channels.