Visual Theology - My New Identity in Christ
One of the very first concepts a new Christian should grasp is who they are in light of Jesus' redemptive work in their lives. These six passages help us understand what's new and what's true about us in Christ...
- I am in Christ: 1 Corinthians 15:22 - "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." (ESV)
- I am justified: Romans 8:1 - "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." ESV
- I am adopted: John 1:12 - "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (ESV)
- I am secure: Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (ESV)
- I am free: Romans 6:5-6 - "For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.  We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin." (ESV)
- I am unfinished: Philippians 1:6 - "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (ESV)